Jump to content
MATCH SCORE
Jake Sully (Avatar): 2
Feral Predator: 3

MATCH SCORE
Two-Gun Kid: 2
Miles Edgeworth: 3

MATCH SCORE
Zilla Jr.: 4
Cloverfield Creature (Clover): 2

MATCH SCORE
Captain Marvel / Shazam: 1
Superman: 2

MATCH SCORE
Sydney Bristow: 3
Juno Skinner: 1

MATCH SCORE
The Goonies: 2
Hawkins A.V. Club (Stranger Things): 3

MATCH SCORE
Trakeena: 1
Astronema: 3

MATCH SCORE
Loki (Marvel Comics): 3
Sauron: 2

MATCH SCORE
Sydney Bristow: 3
Mike Ehrmantraut: 1

MATCH SCORE
Emperor Han: 4
Ozai: 3

MATCH SCORE
D-Generation X: 1
The nWo: 5

MATCH SCORE
Penguin: 1
Michigan J. Frog: 4

MATCH SCORE
Arsene Lupin III: 2
Loid Forger: 1

MATCH SCORE
Sydney Bristow: 4
Ava Faulkner: 2

MATCH SCORE
Heracles: 0
Darth Bane: 3

MATCH SCORE
Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn): 4
Professor Pyg: 1

MATCH SCORE
The Dominion: 1
Dominators: 3

MATCH SCORE
Grinders: 4
Jem'Hadar: 3

MATCH SCORE
Lucy (2014 film): 6
Leeloo: 0

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 6
Peter Pan: 2

How to support MagneticFerret

MagneticFerret's 1st Official Writer's Challenge is HERE!
death note writing GIF
Follow us on Twitch
 

Who's here?


Recommended Posts

I don't know if any more of the old FPL vets know about EF's revival just yet, but I do remember hearing a few years back that many of them were keeping in touch with one another on social media.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, how did anyone find out the ferret was being revived? Are people other than me just popping over to occasionally visit like a memorial to some half forgotten time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Landon said:

Well this is something I wasn't expecting.

Right?! Now I have to wonder if I should keep going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, S. Justice said:

Right?! Now I have to wonder if I should keep going.

Looks like it's just the CBUB that's back as far as STUFF goes? I remember the FPL being a bit more resource and time intensive, so that might not be in the cards. But it's rad to have the joint back regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S. Justice said:

Out of curiosity, how did anyone find out the ferret was being revived? Are people other than me just popping over to occasionally visit like a memorial to some half forgotten time?

 

17 minutes ago, Landon said:

 

Looks like it's just the CBUB that's back as far as STUFF goes? I remember the FPL being a bit more resource and time intensive, so that might not be in the cards. But it's rad to have the joint back regardless. 

Sam and Landon, great to see you!

Well, people wrote me and said they would like the site back.  And I thought... well, alrighty then.  Why not.

Give it a week or two, I'll be working on the FPL.  This is a website from a different era.  It's like bringing up the Titanic.

Thanks!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fox said:

 

Sam and Landon, great to see you!

Well, people wrote me and said they would like the site back.  And I thought... well, alrighty then.  Why not.

Give it a week or two, I'll be working on the FPL.  This is a website from a different era.  It's like bringing up the Titanic.

Thanks!

excited cute girl GIF

Oh my!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

 

Sam and Landon, great to see you!

Well, people wrote me and said they would like the site back.  And I thought... well, alrighty then.  Why not.

Give it a week or two, I'll be working on the FPL.  This is a website from a different era.  It's like bringing up the Titanic.

Thanks!

Great to see you too. I've actually got to missing the fpl so I started building my own. ( redux.justicewebsolutions.com )

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, S. Justice said:

Great to see you too. I've actually got to missing the fpl so I started building my own. ( redux.justicewebsolutions.com )

Dude, that's awesome!  Is it a PHP application?  Very cool.

If there is something I can do to help, let me know. 

If I hadn't already made the FPL years ago, I would not even try to do it at this point in my life.  I'm too old and it is a non-trivial task.  I salute you that you are working on something like that.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fox said:

Dude, that's awesome!  Is it a PHP application?  Very cool.

If there is something I can do to help, let me know. 

If I hadn't already made the FPL years ago, I would not even try to do it at this point in my life.  I'm too old and it is a non-trivial task.  I salute you that you are working on something like that.

 

Python using the turbogears framework. Though I make money with php I despise it. The two might be related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, S. Justice said:

Python using the turbogears framework. Though I make money with php I despise it. The two might be related.

Well, I can't help you with that. I'm not great with either Python or PHP.

But if it's helpful I can throw you the source code for the FPL. 

It's object oriented Perl, but it might be helpful.  Who knows.

But yeah, once the FPL is back up and I've fixed it, PM me and I'll be glad to provide you the latest if you like.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's obviously too early to be asking about the FPL, but I couldn't help but be curious... is the Khazan setting coming back? Because I vaguely recalled in the final iteration of the FPL prior the EF's closure back in... 2013 IIRC, there was a community decision to retire the Khazan setting in favour of a brand-new setting. But now that EF's back and I'm seeing that the CBUB peeps are still referencing Khazan as a setting where CBUB matches take place. So yeah, it made me curious as to whether the FPL is also going to take place in Khazan as well? (Though I always think of CBUB's Khazan and FPL's Khazan as two separate entities - i.e. although they share the same name and broad concepts they are separate realities, which is why the latter only has original creations)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Fox said:

Well, I can't help you with that. I'm not great with either Python or PHP.

But if it's helpful I can throw you the source code for the FPL. 

It's object oriented Perl, but it might be helpful.  Who knows.

But yeah, once the FPL is back up and I've fixed it, PM me and I'll be glad to provide you the latest if you like.

Literally always happy to look at other code. never know what you might learn doing so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sir Exal said:

I mean, I wasn't going to make a fuss, but if Lawman's here!  And I think Sam was here long before I was!

 

um, hi if anyone bothers to remember me

I remember you! Also I basically never left. I literally come back to the site every couple of months. I'm like the HS jock who visits his alma mater to stare at his trophies in the trophy case. Except more nerdy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

How to support MagneticFerret

Follow us on Twitch and Support us on Patreon!

×
×
  • Create New...