Sophitia Alexandra: 8

MATCH SCORE
Ken Masters: 9
Ash Crimson: 1

MATCH SCORE
Vin: 4
Korra: 3

How to support MagneticFerret

Follow us on Twitch and Support us on Patreon!

Should Guests Vote on Matches Again?

Should Guests Vote on The Matches?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should Guests Vote on The Matches?

• Yes, Let Guests Vote Again.
    • No, Only Let Members Vote on The Matches.

So, for a while now, both the Rated and Rumble Matches haven’t been getting a lot of votes. So, I was thinking about that maybe the Guests should have the ability to vote on matches again. That way, not only matches would get more vote, but less chances of them ending in a Tie. But this is just an idea, and it would be something for @IKA to decide on.

Personally, I'd say no. Voting is something that should encourage people to sign up to do.

The site has lost a lot of it's size, and until it starts to grow the vote count will remain low. That said, Now that everything has switched over, I am actively encouraging advertisement of an to the site, so hopefully we will have a boom in memberships in the coming months. I know next month I am sponsoring a comic-con in our name so that will hopefully bring some new members in.

• Like 1

I say yes. 

This is how I see it. some bozo is surfing around and comes across Magneticferret. They see characters they like in some kind of fight so they check it out. They cast a vote and check out the other matches. They start looking around and have some idea fights of their own. Can't do anything unless you sign up for free. Hello new member. That's how I got here.

I can see how non member voting can go badly but it's one of those risks that I see more benefit than harm. Comments on the other hand...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I say yes. 

This is how I see it. some bozo is surfing around and comes across Magneticferret. They see characters they like in some kind of fight so they check it out. They cast a vote and check out the other matches. They start looking around and have some idea fights of their own. Can't do anything unless you sign up for free. Hello new member. That's how I got here.

I can see how non member voting can go badly but it's one of those risks that I see more benefit than harm. Comments on the other hand...

I agree with @leroypowell3.  Better to have some weird votes then have matches with only three people voting or ties.  The whole point of adding the socials was to build up the site.  Allow guests to vote, but have to sign up in order to create content and rate.  

Guys do keep in mind that we are trying to add to the overall growth of the website not just the voting portion. If all a voter wants is to see their person win, there is no incentive to registering. 

In some occasions it would be a good idea, but, I would believe it would only result in spam voting. 

I'm not opposed to giving it a shot if that'a what everyone decides, but if it doesn't show benefits it would be closed off again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IKA said:

Guys do keep in mind that we are trying to add to the overall growth of the website not just the voting portion. If all a voter wants is to see their person win, there is no incentive to registering. 

In some occasions it would be a good idea, but, I would believe it would only result in spam voting. 

I'm not opposed to giving it a shot if that'a what everyone decides, but if it doesn't show benefits it would be closed off again. 

I can live with that.

• Like 1

I should say, though I am taking it under consideration, there isn't currently even a way to enable it from the forum side. Probably a big reason it was disabled when the site merged into the forum. 

I had to think over this for a bit.

Though guest-posting may initially help give lurkers a chance to see the site, in my experience it generally leads people to fix final votes for certain characters. Besides, I just remembered that the last time we had guest-posting here, we had an infestation of bots posting. Had to delete hundreds of bot posts myself at the time. All-in-all, I'm against it. 

Still, I'd also say we shouldn't make decisions on it just yet, and give more viewers and the staff more time to see this thread and think on it. 

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I had to think over this for a bit.

Though guest-posting may initially help give lurkers a chance to see the site, in my experience it generally leads people to fix final votes for certain characters. Besides, I just remembered that the last time we had guest-posting here, we had an infestation of bots posting. Had to delete hundreds of bot posts myself at the time. All-in-all, I'm against it. 

Still, I'd also say we shouldn't make decisions on it just yet, and give more viewers and the staff more time to see this thread and think on it. 

This is just for Voting, not posting. 

Though I do agree with everything you said.