Professor Pyg: 1

MATCH SCORE
The Dominion: 1
Dominators: 3

MATCH SCORE
Grinders: 4
Jem'Hadar: 3

How to support MagneticFerret

MagneticFerret's 1st Official Writer's Challenge is HERE!
death note writing GIF
Follow us on Twitch

Match 18344 Captain America and Bucky Barnes vs. Joseph Joestar

“It’ll be good to be stateside again won’t it Steve?”

“Sadly this isn’t a pleasure trip Buck. The State department wants us to apprehend a Fifth Collumnist armed with Nazi cybernetics.” Captain America looked upon the rapidly approaching New York skyline. 

“Are you sure you will not need help Captain?” Namor asked as the Atlantean vessel swooped low towards Coney Island

“The ride is more than enough Subby.” As Prince Namor rankled at the nickname, Captain America motioned to Bucky and the pair hit the silk. As the pair parachuted just South of Manhattan Beach Park, Cap quizzed Bucky on the target.

“Joseph Joestar. Age 24. Born in the United Kingdom to Elizabeth Joestar, deceased, and George Joestar the II, deceased. Raised by Grandmother Erina Joestar. Age 76. Now Married to presumed Italian Agent code named Suzi Q. Intelligence has that he was radicalized by Italian and German Agents in Mexico and later received further training and indoctrination in Italy. Now he and his handler Suzi Q are posing as real estate agents in Manhattan and have been buying a lot of properties along the Hudson River using Joestar Family Wealth. Our mission is to find and capture Joestar and Suzi Q for interrogation.”

“Excellent work Buck.” Cap began pulling up his parachute and hiding it in a tree trunk. “This mission might just be started by Private Steve Rogers and James Buchannon Barnes. Two GIs one a little break stateside will blend right in with the rest of the Coney Island Crowd.”

“OH MY GAWD!” Joseph pounded his fist into the carnival stand, the baseball had hit the milk bottles dead center and they had not fallen down. Suzi Q frowned as the two year old Holly Joestar began to cry that she wouldn’t get the giant teddy bear. The burly Englishman reached over the counter and grabbed the carney.

“What’s the big idea you punk? This game’s rigged!” He took his one organic hand and pointed to the bottles. “I hit them dead on!” 

“Sorry friend. Better luck next time.” The smug carnie brushed the hand off, “Now if you’d like to try again…” Joseph slammed the nickel on the counter and picked up a baseball. 

“I’ll show you try again.” He took a deep breath and spat on the baseball. In a moment he began pouring the ripple into the ball and launched it with all his might, the ball struck one set of milk cans before uncannily turning and wiping out every row on the counter before turning to the carney’s eye. “How’s that you fraud?” Joseph mocked as he took the bear. As he played with his daughter and the bear, the Carnie went to go grab an officer to arrest him for assault and destruction of property. 

“You don’t understand! Grannie and LisaLisa will kill me if I get arrested for this!” Bucky spotted the target, alone, talking to two police officers and a carney who was nursing a fearsome shiner. As one Officer produced a pair of handcuffs, Joseph quipped. 

“At times like this, I have only one strategy left to me. The secret Joestar strategy. Time to book it!” Joseph took off like a madman. The police officers tripped as it seems like a pile of rope moved on its own to tangle them up.

“Well this looks like a job for Bucky.” Captain America’s intrepid side kick ducked behind a funnel cake stand to make a quick change and to give chase. 

The commotion gave Private Steve Rogers a new area to investigate before he saw Joestar sprint by him. He saw Bucky right behind and nodded to him needing a moment to catch up himself.

So 

1944 Captain America and Bucky 

Vs 

1944 (after Part II by 3 years) Joseph Joestar

Learn More About
Captain America
Read more about Captain America at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia: Captain America Marvel Database Project: Captain America Marvel.com: Captain America

Bucky Barnes
Read more about Bucky Barnes at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Marvel Comics Wiki Comicvine

Joseph Joestar
Read more about Joseph Joestar at Wikipedia
Official Site: Jump Links: Wikipedia JoJo Bizarre Adventure Wiki Myanimelist

Good set-up, Twogunkid. Not familiar with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but after looking up Joe, this feels like a good match-up. 

As for the match, while I have a feeling Joe might be more powerful overall than Steve or Bucky individually (not sure about Steve and Bucky together) Steve and Bucky have very good teamwork and just may be able to take advantage of Joe's naivete. Not sure it that would be enough to win, though.

• Like 1

Love the sudden use of Joestars on rated lol

I love Joseph in this era and think this is a fitting fight. Feels classic and the kind of match you'd see back in the day.

Good set up and I think this will be brutal fight, but not an easy one for Joseph. Cap has superior skill in combat and that damn shield will soak up Joe's hamon. That said, Bucky will be in over his head for the git-go and get K.Od. That leaves Cap to fight Joe one on one were the chances are about even.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.50 - DSkillz
4.80 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.30 Total Combined Score
14.30 / 3 = 4.77 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Bucky Barnes and Captain America: 2
Joseph Joestar: 1

(The Bottom Line)

"I hate punks!" Joseph  with hamon infused cola bottles tripped up Bucky. "Mind your business br-"

Joseph's taunting was cut short by a shield slamming into his face and bouncing back. As the Joestar rubbed his nose, the Star Spangled figure caught the shield and towered over him.

"Look son. Why don't you come quietly..." Joseph reached out a hand as if accepting the offer before landing a hamon infused cheap shot to Captain America's stomach.

"Whatever flag boy, next time that shield comes at me, I'll fill it full of so much hamon that it'll bounce right back at you and-" Joseph was interupted dodging another thrown shield and then being smacked in the back by the ricochet off a park bench before the shield once again made it's way back to Steve Rogers.  Joseph grunted.

"Your next line will be how German science is the greatest in the world, right?"

"That's my line! And Stroheim's line!" Joseph was perplexed by this.

"Ah, so you admit to your Nazi collaboration!" The shield came flinging at Joseph who tried to take a move from Ceaser's book and block with hamon infused soap bubbles, but the powerful spin of the shield seemed to cut through everything he could throw at it.

"No wait!" Cap's shield was flung at Joseph once more. "I'll fill this full of so much hamon..." Joseph breathed deeply, but the shield resisted his charge and knocked him clean unconscious.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, broadwaybeyonder said:

Nice use of Bottom Line.  ;) 

I was inspired by someone who always does a nice followup to their matches.

• Thanks 1