U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701): 2

Read More
MATCH SCORE
The Bride (Frankenstein): 1
Vampire(s): 0

Read More

Match 18616 Laurie Strode and Ellie & Joel vs. Michael Myers and Infected

IKA

In all things, evil exists, for some it is hidden behind a smile, only coming from internal thoughts. For others, it lashes out verbally, physically, and emotionally abusing themselves or even others. Evil isn’t always done for the sake of being evil, sometimes it’s a necessity to survive. 20 years ago, the world fell into ruin as the Cordyceps fungus ravaged the population, dwindling it down to nearly 10% of what it had been before. Some tried to play by the rules, but the game board was flipped upon them as what remained of civilization turned to insanity, men, women, and even children were slaughtered in mass just to prove a point. Bodies were burned to prevent the spread of infection, and those not infected were hung from the street lights in the name of liberty. Some even turned to their prophets for hope, ideologies formed by those offering a way to a brighter future, and those who deemed them crazy. Through all of this pain in suffering, some even sacrificed their own family to live a few days longer. Beyond all of that were those that were willing to survive by any means necessary, good and evil no longer had meaning, and caring was only good for getting you killed, or worse.   

Among those surviving lived a small population in Jackson, Wyoming. Living in relative peace considering the chaotic nature the world has endured, some never having even witnessed the world before outbreak day, they did what they could to keep the infected at bay, all while managing to feed their people and maintain control. They even had the freedom to do as they chose so long as they contributed to the overall well-being of the population. For some, this haven is akin to paradise. But for all of their, hard work, through all that they had endured making their own lives in a world of death, things were about to get a little more complicated.   

Though Evil is not usually an intentional trait, commonly being used as a method of proving a point, sometimes Evil is just that. Pure, unbridled evil. An evil that has taken the shape of a human, his blank unforgiving stare unable to be erased from one’s memory after having even a small glance at him. What’s worse still, sometimes evil can be right next door and you wouldn’t know until it is too late.   

--------------------------------------  

“Quickly there’s someone at the gates,” A man holding a loaded rifle pointed it directly a Laurie’s Head.  

“Who are you, what do you want?” Maria, the leader of this small town shouts down from the wall guarding their home.”   

“I’m not infected, I’m just here to get some supplies and be on my way.” She shouts back, the old woman raises her hands but doesn’t seem to show any signs of fear. Her mind seems to be drifting elsewhere. “Is there a chance you could spare some ammo?”  

“On your way? where are you headed off to.”  

“I...”, Laurie thinks for a moment, would they let her in if they knew the truth? “I’m just traveling alone; I think it’s best for everyone that way.?”  

“Is that so?” Maria raises her hand signaling to let her in. “Check her for bite marks, and give her a place to sleep for the night, she'll be gone in the morning.”  

“Thank you.” Laurie knew she was being followed, but her ammo had run dry, and she was slowing down in her old age of seventy-two. The man following her, while seventy-six years of age did not seem to have that issue. She has always found a way to allude him, just barely be it through the help of others or by using the destroyed land as a means to escape her pursuer.  

A few hours later, as she sleeps, night terrors torture her mind as her memories keep pulling her back to that day on Halloween 1978 when a man – her unknown older brother – escaped the asylum he was in and began a reign of terror, killing 14 people in a single night. Though he was thought to be killed by the end of the night, it was later revealed that he was just in a coma after having been shot multiple times and even being lit on fire after being in a room that had exploded intentionally. He would live, and through the years his murder spree would not end, on every Halloween night, more and more bodies would pile the streets as if to taunt the one person who escaped him, Laurie. She let out a terrifying shriek that woke her from her sleep, she sat up and held her hand to her chest gasping for air. She tried to calm herself down.  

“What is it you’re hiding?”, Maria asks, she had been watching Laurie sleep. The way she cried in her sleep was something only someone who knows genuine fear would do, but what possibly could cause a woman her age to be that scared, yet continue moving on her own? “We can help you; you know?”   

“No, I’m afraid you can’t” Laurie muttered “No one can stop him but me?”  

“Stop who?”  

“The Boogeyman.” Laurie stood up, “Thank you for letting me get some sleep, but I should be on my way.”  

“If you should change your mind...” Maria’s sentence was cut short by the sounds of screaming coming from just outside the house. She looks at Laurie, “Stay here!” She walks outside to see one of her residents pinned to a tree with nothing more than a kitchen knife, and another on the ground, head bashed in with a crowbar.   

“He’s Here...” Laurie sadly proclaimed. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t think he’d catch up so fast.”  

“Who’s here?”, Maria turns glaring at Laurie. “Who did this?”  

“Michael.”  

“We got infected in the area!” A voice boomed from Maria’s Walkie-Talkie “Tommy is keeping them back, but they just keep coming!”  

“I’m on my way,” Maria called back “None of them make it inside.” Maria turns back and points at Laurie. “You’re with me, and you will tell me everything. Everyone else find Joel, and make whoever did this pay.”  

----------------------Moments later--------------------  

Joel is leading a group of residents looking for the responsible for the two murders. A loud bang can be heard from behind one of the nearby houses.  

“ELLIE?” Joel yells out, “Ellie is that you?”   

“The infected have breached the perimeter!” Maria yells to Joel over his Walkie Talkie. Scared the group begins to panic and run from the noise they just heard. Joel on the other hand charges toward the noise. Upon reaching where the noise came from, there is a pool of blood on the ground, and a trail leading into the back of the house. Joel cautiously walks forward when he is suddenly grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground. A man in a mask stands above him with a knife. The man tries to stomp on Joel who manages to scoot just away from his attacker's boot before turning back and shooting him twice in the chest. The man falls back towards the house as Joel quickly gets back to his feet, but the man who had just been shot twice is already attacking again, he grabs Joel by the throat and knocks the gun from his hand. Joel tried his best to knock the man off, but his strength alone was seemingly useless against this monster.   

“Get off him, you bastard!” Ellie cries out jumping onto the man's back stabbing him multiple times with her pocket knife. Despite this, the man seems unaffected, Ellie grabs at his eyes and pulls his mask off, the man quickly drops Joels who falls to the ground gasping for breath and throws Ellie off of him before retreating into the house with his mask “Joel, please tell me you’re, okay?”   

“Ellie, did you see that?” Joel says holding his throat, trying to get his breathing under control. “That man, he was infected.”  

“What the hell do you mean he’s infected?” Ellie replies shocked at Joel’s response.  

“His eyes, they were covered just like a stalker.”  

“I’ve never seen a stalker that acts like that!”  

“Me neither.”   

“Maria,” Joel grabs his walkie talkie “Is that Laurie woman still with you?”  

“She is,” She responds.  

“Just who the hell is this man”  

“What do you mean?”  

“He’s infected, but he’s moving just like a normal person would.”  

“Joel, listen to me,” Laurie’s voice now commands the walkie-talkie, “That isn’t just a normal man. Forty-four years ago, I shot that man in both eyes, and yet he still follows me, he’s been shot, stabbed, and even been inside a room as it was blown up, yet every single year he would continue to kill. When Outbreak Day happened, even as the world began to fall, he did not stop. He never stopped chasing me even when I locked him in a room full of infected, I thought for sure that would stop him, but after he killed all of them, he just kept chasing me. Now they just ignore him. I’m so sorry, I’ve let evil into Jackson.”  

“Today,” Joel replies calmly trying to soak in all of what he just heard. “Evil Dies.”  

“JOEL!!!” Ellie screams while looking inside the house, just inside was the mutilated corpse of Jesse hanging from the ceiling. Joel grabs Ellie to comfort her.  

“We... we have to find Dina.” Joel says picking up his revolver.”  

Ellie and Joel press forward as the sounds of screams, infected and gunshots fill the city.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Maria, Tommy, and Laurie are on the outer edge of the city trying to keep as many infected out as possible. Joel and Ellie are looking for Dina while trying to stay safe from the infected and hunt down Michael Myers. The residents are panicking and are doing everything they can to survive the chaos.  

Michael Myers is looking for Laurie and will kill anyone in his way until he is stopped. As he is infected, the other infected will ignore him, while still attempting to kill all survivors, hundreds of infected are being attracted by the noise, and an unknown amount has already breached the city.   

Michael Myers and the Infected win if Laurie is killed.  

Laurie, Joel, and Ellie win if Michael is stopped regardless of the method used, and the infected are pushed out of the city.   

Who wins? 

Learn More About
Laurie Strode
Read more about Laurie Strode at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Studios Links: Wikipedia Horror Movies Wiki Best Horror Movies

Ellie & Joel
Read more about Ellie & Joel at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sony Computer Entertainment Links: Wikipedia NaughtyDog.com TheLastofUs.com

Michael Myers
Read more about Michael Myers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Studios Links: Michael Myers Wiki entry IMDB Page Official Site

Infected
Read more about Infected at Wikipedia
Official Site: Sony Links: Wikipedia

Great job! Hmmm I want to say that I'm leaning toward Michael and the infected, but Joel and Ellie have been trough a lot. They have experience with infected and hostile groups. Laurie has also been through a lot and trained a lot to kill Michael. It would be a tough one

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boratz said:

Great job! Hmmm I want to say that I'm leaning toward Michael and the infected, but Joel and Ellie have been trough a lot. They have experience with infected and hostile groups. Laurie has also been through a lot and trained a lot to kill Michael. It would be a tough one

Thanks, I purposely left ambiguous which Myers I was using so, it would in turn leave up to the reader to decide which Laurie was in the story as well. 

Also threw in at least 4 direct references to the movies and games, extra points to whoever finds them :)

Good challenge entry, IKA. The intro sets up the atmosphere of the story just about perfectly. The arrangement of dialogue and narrative is a little shaky after that, though, and there's a lot of switching of tenses. 

As for the match, I've never watched a Halloween film or played The Last of Us, but I think Myers and the Infected win out in the end, mainly due to the former. I'm guessing Joel & Elle eventually kill off the Infected in the game, but Laurie hasn't finished off her big brother in how many films now? I don't see how the heroes deal with an Infected Michael Myers. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.90 - Boratz
4.40 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.30 Total Combined Score
19.30 / 4 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ellie & Joel and Laurie Strode: 1