Jump to content
King Kong vs. Rhedosaurus
MATCH SCORE
King Kong: 6
Rhedosaurus: 4

Dick Dastardly vs. Boris Badenov & Natasha Fatale
MATCH SCORE
Dick Dastardly: 4
Boris Badenov & Natasha Fatale: 1

Justice League (DCAU) vs. The Thing (John Carpenter)
MATCH SCORE
Justice League (DCAU): 5
The Thing (John Carpenter): 1

Abigail Whistler vs. Gretel
MATCH SCORE
Abigail Whistler: 7
Gretel: 2

Eiji Kisaragi vs. Yuffie Kisaragi
MATCH SCORE
Eiji Kisaragi: 2
Yuffie Kisaragi: 4

Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch) vs. Master Xandred
MATCH SCORE
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 5
Master Xandred: 3

King Kong vs. Kumonga
MATCH SCORE
King Kong: 8
Kumonga: 1

Ace (Class Zero) vs. Yugi Mutou
MATCH SCORE
Ace (Class Zero): 4
Yugi Mutou: 2

Kim Possible vs. Max Guevara
MATCH SCORE
Kim Possible: 3
Max Guevara: 4

Pokemon vs. Justice League (DCAU)
MATCH SCORE
Pokemon: 1
Justice League (DCAU): 5

Mai Valentine vs. Faye Valentine
MATCH SCORE
Mai Valentine: 2
Faye Valentine: 1

Mercy Graves vs. Kato
MATCH SCORE
Mercy Graves: 2
Kato: 7

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Geese Howard
MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 4
Geese Howard: 3

King Kong vs. Ebirah
MATCH SCORE
King Kong: 6
Ebirah: 2

Gamora vs. Drako
MATCH SCORE
Gamora: 3
Drako: 2

Audrey 2 vs. Jolly Green Giant
MATCH SCORE
Audrey 2: 1
Jolly Green Giant: 6

Power Girl vs. Justice League (DCAU)
MATCH SCORE
Power Girl: 3
Justice League (DCAU): 6

Zuo Ci vs. Oswald (King of Fighters)
MATCH SCORE
Zuo Ci: 4
Oswald (King of Fighters): 1

Maui vs. Snowbird
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 3
Snowbird: 4

Roger (Tekken) vs. Roo (Streets Of Rage)
MATCH SCORE
Roger (Tekken): 3
Roo (Streets Of Rage): 2

13:18 - The Djinn vs. Belsnickel


Recommended Posts

SEASON 13, ROUND 18

The Djinn

Slot: The Team's Horror Icon
Season Wins: 4
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Djinn at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lion Gates Films



Belsnickel

Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 3
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Belsnickel at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain


Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Role Reversal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could Belsnickel try and make people's wishes come true in horrible ways, absolutely. 

Could the Djinn, a being from another realm obsessed with freeing his brethren so they can destroy making hand out candy and cakes to good little children with a smile on his face - nope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's remember that the Djinn is pretty good with disguises. He could easily disguise himself as Belsnickel long enough to fool children into wishing for presents. 

Meanwhile, while Belsnickel can be harsh with his punishments to bad kids, he would never cross the lines that the Djinn does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Let's remember that the Djinn is pretty good with disguises. He could easily disguise himself as Belsnickel long enough to fool children into wishing for presents. 

Meanwhile, while Belsnickel can be harsh with his punishments to bad kids, he would never cross the lines that the Djinn does. 

I think we need to be careful with assuming character of a contestant and the challenge. Naturally neither of these would do what the other does - the Djinn would never give candy and cakes to kids and, agreed, Belsnickel would never normally kills kids. For the purpose of this, I'm assuming both would at least attempt the others challenge, even if out of character.

The key here is can they. And my view is yes, Belsnickely has the capacity to go round to different people and when they make a wish, he could grant it in an evil way, perhaps putting them in a precarious position that results in their death. The Djinn however doesn't have the capacity to go to thousands of households in one night, with an unlimited amount of candy and cake and give them to kids. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

I think we need to be careful with assuming character of a contestant and the challenge. Naturally neither of these would do what the other does - the Djinn would never give candy and cakes to kids and, agreed, Belsnickel would never normally kills kids. For the purpose of this, I'm assuming both would at least attempt the others challenge, even if out of character.

Character doesn't necessarily have to factor into this. The Djinn actually would grant the kids goodies if they wish it so. Granted, it would be horribly corrupted like being lined with poison, booby-trapped with a bomb or a portal to hell, etc., but he could definitely fulfill that task.  

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

The Djinn however doesn't have the capacity to go to thousands of households in one night, with an unlimited amount of candy and cake and give them to kids.

Again, he actually does if someone wishes it so. In fact, it may bring him that much closer to freeing his fellow Djinn onto the Earth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Character doesn't necessarily have to factor into this. The Djinn actually would grant the kids goodies if they wish it so. Granted, it would be horribly corrupted like being lined with poison, booby-trapped with a bomb or a portal to hell, etc., but he could definitely fulfill that task.  

Again, he actually does if someone wishes it so. In fact, it may bring him that much closer to freeing his fellow Djinn onto the Earth. 

But granting wishes is not walking a mile in Belsnickel's shoes - it is sticking in his own shoes and hoping for the best.

To walk a mile in Belsnickel's shoes he'd have to travel around the world in one night visiting thousands of kids and handing out cake and candy (or a quick lash if they'd be naughty).

The Djinn wouldn't even have the capacity as far as I'm aware of determining which kid had been naughty and which one had been nice. It would be absolute chaos, and at best he'd get through a dozen kids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know, as I think about it, character would likely factor in heavily for Belsnickel whether or not his conscience turns. Doesn't he travel alongside Santa to help determine good kids from bad in some older stories? If that's the case, the moment Belsnickel tries to go further than his normal lashing of the kids, Santa would terminate him on the spot and strip him of his powers. 

12 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

But granting wishes is not walking a mile in Belsnickel's shoes - it is sticking in his own shoes and hoping for the best.

To walk a mile in Belsnickel's shoes he'd have to travel around the world in one night visiting thousands of kids and handing out cake and candy (or a quick lash if they'd be naughty).

The Djinn wouldn't even have the capacity as far as I'm aware of determining which kid had been naughty and which one had been nice. It would be absolute chaos, and at best he'd get through a dozen kids.

The Djinn could also convince someone to ask him to fulfill Belsnickel's duties to their full capacity. He likely has the power to visit multiple targets simultaneously or even alter time so that he could visit all those kids in one night. Of course, he'd still give the good kids deadly treats and kill the bad kids, but he'd still technically be able to fulfill the duties of a Belsnickel, and with no immediate repercussions, unlike some tales say for the Belsnickel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DSkillz said:

You know, as I think about it, character would likely factor in heavily for Belsnickel whether or not his conscience turns. Doesn't he travel alongside Santa to help determine good kids from bad in some older stories? If that's the case, the moment Belsnickel tries to go further than his normal lashing of the kids, Santa would terminate him on the spot and strip him of his powers. 

The Djinn could also convince someone to ask him to fulfill Belsnickel's duties to their full capacity. He likely has the power to visit multiple targets simultaneously or even alter time so that he could visit all those kids in one night. Of course, he'd still give the good kids deadly treats and kill the bad kids, but he'd still technically be able to fulfill the duties of a Belsnickel, and with no immediate repercussions, unlike some tales say for the Belsnickel. 

I'll pick that last part up for now... so the argument here is that the way the Djinn can win this is that he, the granter of the wish, has to convince someone, a person with access to an unlimited magic wish, to wish for him, the Djinn, to play the part of Belsnickel...

Yikes. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I'll pick that last part up for now... so the argument here is that the way the Djinn can win this is that he, the granter of the wish, has to convince someone, a person with access to an unlimited magic wish, to wish for him, the Djinn, to play the part of Belsnickel...

Yikes. 😁

Sure. :D 

And he wouldn't be in his true form to do that convincing, either. As mentioned, he'd do in in the form of a normal, everyday person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...