Jump to content
Eiji Kisaragi vs. Yuffie Kisaragi
MATCH SCORE
Eiji Kisaragi: 2
Yuffie Kisaragi: 4

Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch) vs. Master Xandred
MATCH SCORE
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 5
Master Xandred: 3

King Kong vs. Kumonga
MATCH SCORE
King Kong: 8
Kumonga: 1

Ace (Class Zero) vs. Yugi Mutou
MATCH SCORE
Ace (Class Zero): 4
Yugi Mutou: 2

Kim Possible vs. Max Guevara
MATCH SCORE
Kim Possible: 3
Max Guevara: 4

Pokemon vs. Justice League (DCAU)
MATCH SCORE
Pokemon: 1
Justice League (DCAU): 5

Mai Valentine vs. Faye Valentine
MATCH SCORE
Mai Valentine: 2
Faye Valentine: 1

Mercy Graves vs. Kato
MATCH SCORE
Mercy Graves: 2
Kato: 7

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Geese Howard
MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 4
Geese Howard: 3

King Kong vs. Ebirah
MATCH SCORE
King Kong: 6
Ebirah: 2

Gamora vs. Drako
MATCH SCORE
Gamora: 3
Drako: 2

Audrey 2 vs. Jolly Green Giant
MATCH SCORE
Audrey 2: 1
Jolly Green Giant: 6

Power Girl vs. Justice League (DCAU)
MATCH SCORE
Power Girl: 3
Justice League (DCAU): 6

Zuo Ci vs. Oswald (King of Fighters)
MATCH SCORE
Zuo Ci: 4
Oswald (King of Fighters): 1

Maui vs. Snowbird
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 3
Snowbird: 4

Roger (Tekken) vs. Roo (Streets Of Rage)
MATCH SCORE
Roger (Tekken): 3
Roo (Streets Of Rage): 2

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Duke (KOF: MI)
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 8
Duke (KOF: MI): 2

13:18 - Rodimus vs. Blurr


Recommended Posts

SEASON 13, ROUND 18

Rodimus

Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 4
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rodimus at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro



Blurr

Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Blurr at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro


Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Rush Hour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes! Finally!

I see Hot Rod as a Kirk type of dude. 

He will be so driven to win that he will cheat. Anything he can do to slow Blurr down. Pretend there's a Decepticon attack. Call the police on a speeding blue car. Steal the pizzas. whatever works. Cause you know Blurr is never going to let him hear the end of this if he wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Blurr goes at super speeds in NYC traffic, he's much more likely to trip himself up on other cars and other obstacles in both vehicle and robot mode, as well as trip himself up trying to avoid hurting innocents. All that could cause accidents and add to the mess of NYC's traffic.

Meanwhile, as the Autobot leader in many incarnations, Rodimus is much more likely to take a smarter and more cautious approach to the deliveries and avoid the logjams that accidents will cause. Even as Hot Rod, he was always cleverer than Blurr, anyway, and would find a fast, yet safe and efficient way to get the deliveries done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Yes! Finally!

I see Hot Rod as a Kirk type of dude. 

He will be so driven to win that he will cheat. Anything he can do to slow Blurr down. Pretend there's a Decepticon attack. Call the police on a speeding blue car. Steal the pizzas. whatever works. Cause you know Blurr is never going to let him hear the end of this if he wins.

Perhaps Rodimus would try and cheat (perhaps as it's the only hope he has) although he certainly seemed like a character that was keen to be good as evidenced by his worthiness of being Rodimus Prime. 

That said - cheating should equal disqualification under the rules of this tournament and therefore the win goes to Blurr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

If Blurr goes at super speeds in NYC traffic, he's much more likely to trip himself up on other cars and other obstacles in both vehicle and robot mode, as well as trip himself up trying to avoid hurting innocents. All that could cause accidents and add to the mess of NYC's traffic.

Meanwhile, as the Autobot leader in many incarnations, Rodimus is much more likely to take a smarter and more cautious approach to the deliveries and avoid the logjams that accidents will cause. Even as Hot Rod, he was always cleverer than Blurr, anyway, and would find a fast, yet safe and efficient way to get the deliveries done. 

He doesn't have to go at super speeds, but he can nonethless be faster than Rodimus. And that's where it counts in this type of traffic; weaving quicker in and out of between cars, faster off from a red light, etc. All those moments add up.

Don't think Hot Rod was always smarter than Blurr - in the key Transformers event (the Movie with Unicron), he got Optimus Prime killed because he was so foolish and had to be rescued constantly by Kup! 

Blurr is a Cybertronian racing champion (10 times undefeated before the war broke out), and even in robot form he is an absolute beast and could be running safely in and out of the traffic much faster than Rodimus. 

521px-RaceAgainstTheLight_BlurrWins.jpg

Gonna partly agree with @leroypowell3 on this, the only way for Rodimus to try to win is to cheat (although I don't think be would), and that means he loses by default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

He doesn't have to go at super speeds, but he can nonethless be faster than Rodimus. And that's where it counts in this type of traffic; weaving quicker in and out of between cars, faster off from a red light, etc. All those moments add up.

Thing is, traffic can get so thick in NYC, simply trying to drive around and through it won't get you too far. At some point, both 'Bots will likely have to change to robot mode to get anywhere. In both cases, Blurr's excessive speed could indeed get him into trouble. 

35 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Don't think Hot Rod was always smarter than Blurr - in the key Transformers event (the Movie with Unicron), he got Optimus Prime killed because he was so foolish and had to be rescued constantly by Kup! 

Heh, now I get to check through clips of one of my all-time favorite childhood movies again. Thank you for this. :D 

I don't know; beforehand and afterwards, he showed quite a few moments of ingenuity and bravery in battle and out. He also became wiser after becoming a Prime. 

35 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Blurr is a Cybertronian racing champion (10 times undefeated before the war broke out), and even in robot form he is an absolute beast and could be running safely in and out of the traffic much faster than Rodimus. 

As mentioned, though, going too fast in such a crowed area can be dangerous. In fact, going too fast for comfort is stated in one of his old bios to be one of his weaknesses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Thing is, traffic can get so thick in NYC, simply trying to drive around and through it won't get you too far. At some point, both 'Bots will likely have to change to robot mode to get anywhere. In both cases, Blurr's excessive speed could indeed get him into trouble. 

Heh, now I get to check through clips of one of my all-time favorite childhood movies again. Thank you for this. :D 

I don't know; beforehand and afterwards, he showed quite a few moments of ingenuity and bravery in battle and out. He also became wiser after becoming a Prime. 

As mentioned, though, going too fast in such a crowed area can be dangerous. In fact, going too fast for comfort is stated in one of his old bios to be one of his weaknesses.

He's a champion racer, and as pointed out he's not going to be able to build up to max speeds which could cause him any trouble here. What he will be able to do is transform into robot mode and simply outrun Rodimus safely and be able to deliver the pizzas faster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

He's a champion racer, and as pointed out he's not going to be able to build up to max speeds which could cause him any trouble here. What he will be able to do is transform into robot mode and simply outrun Rodimus safely and be able to deliver the pizzas faster. 

Not so sure about that. 

Let's note their vehicle modes. This is Rodimus's: 

d1grqyi-e6dee09d-219d-43fd-8347-82c939d9186e.jpg

Meanwhile Blurr tends to have a sportscar mode.

Obviously, Rodimus's alt mode can carry a lot more pizzas at once than Blurr's, so he can deliver a lot more of them in each run. Blurr would have to make more trips back and forth to the pizza place to get more product to deliver, and in his rush to try to outpace Rodimus, he'd be more likely to get stuck or get into accidents in NYC's foot and auto traffic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Not so sure about that. 

Let's note their vehicle modes. This is Rodimus's: 

 

Meanwhile Blurr tends to have a sportscar mode.

Obviously, Rodimus's alt mode can carry a lot more pizzas at once than Blurr's, so he can deliver a lot more of them in each run. Blurr would have to make more trips back and forth to the pizza place to get more product to deliver, and in his rush to try to outpace Rodimus, he'd be more likely to get stuck or get into accidents in NYC's foot and auto traffic.

I'd argue both that 1. Blurr can fit enough pizzas in his car (this is for the TMNT who are spread across 4 locations), and that 2. If they were using robot mode, which would be the much much faster option, then Rodimus wouldn't have any size advantage anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2024 at 1:05 AM, Culwych1 said:

I'd argue both that 1. Blurr can fit enough pizzas in his car (this is for the TMNT who are spread across 4 locations), and that 2. If they were using robot mode, which would be the much much faster option, then Rodimus wouldn't have any size advantage anyway.

I don't know ... the Turtles often eat a lot of pizza: 

tmnt_pizza.png 

Blurr's car mode is relatively small, so he'd be more likely to have to head back to the pizza place to restock.

Rodimus, however, can more easily carry all of those massive orders at once and could fulfill all of their orders in one trip. Blurr's fast, but not fast enough to make up the time all the doubling back to the pizza place would take up, especially as crowded as NYC's streets can get. 

Also, Blurr had better not try to go too fast doubling back because, as his bio states, he has a tendency to run into things or go way off course speeding around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I don't know ... the Turtles often eat a lot of pizza: 

tmnt_pizza.png 

Blurr's car mode is relatively small, so he'd be more likely to have to head back to the pizza place to restock.

Rodimus, however, can more easily carry all of those massive orders at once and could fulfill all of their orders in one trip. Blurr's fast, but not fast enough to make up the time all the doubling back to the pizza place would take up, especially as crowded as NYC's streets can get. 

Also, Blurr had better not try to go too fast doubling back because, as his bio states, he has a tendency to run into things or go way off course speeding around. 

Dunno, that seems to be 12 pizzas presumably for the gang, so 3 pizzas per location. Going by the pizza to ninja turtle hand ratio (a frequent measurement used in mathematics at MIT), and then the size of day G1 Blurr, then this should be no problem. No restock required.

And again, even if a restock was needed, then robot form Blurr will be able to get around cars and traffic with ease compared to truck sale Rodimus who could be say there for hours!

The weakness to speed is not something Blurr will have a problem with, he's a battle hardened warrior and an undefeated champion on one of the toughest curcuits ever on Cybertron. He's not cutting loose for fun here, he's got a task and can take the tightest corners faster and more carefully than Rodimus can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Dunno, that seems to be 12 pizzas presumably for the gang, so 3 pizzas per location. Going by the pizza to ninja turtle hand ratio (a frequent measurement used in mathematics at MIT), and then the size of day G1 Blurr, then this should be no problem. No restock required.

Could also be much more than that, depending on the appetite Turtles worked up fighting that day. When I was in high school, I could easily scarf down 5-6 slices of thick crust pizza in one sitting, and I wasn't nearly as active and athletic as the Turtles. 

Pizza seems to be also about the main food the Turtles consume, so they also want to keep extra in stock. 

2 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

And again, even if a restock was needed, then robot form Blurr will be able to get around cars and traffic with ease compared to truck sale Rodimus who could be say there for hours!

Rodimus wouldn't necessarily get stuck that way. He could simply pull up as close as he can to the location, detach himself from his trailer, and run up to the location with the pizzas needed. He could then move back onto a more open road, transform (where his trailer would reform around him, with the remaining pizzas still inside), rinse and repeat. 

Meanwhile, Blurr would still have to be careful not to move around at top speed on the very-crowded NYC street rushing back and forth to restock and deliver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think the pizza capacity is a problem. Even in a regular sized sports car, dozens of pizzas can easily be fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...